Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Wild Thing

I'm not a very big fan of Iggy Pop. In fact, I'm not a fan at all. In fact, I find it kind of painful to even look at him much less listen to him. I just keep wanting to fatten him up and have his hearing checked. Guess that means they're going to take me off the Iggy and the Stooges mailing list.

Anyway, I just popped over from The Smoking Gun (http://www.thesmokinggun.com) where I read the absolute best badn rider ever! You know, the big list of things that agents and managers put together for a performer, their band and entourage. Things that are long and boring and make those of us reading them say "Oh for the love of the Easter Bunny, just drink refrigerated soda like the rest of us and shut up, ya little spoiled brats." But Iggy and the Stooges not only have very few demands (they don't really seem to care about having only green and blue M&Ms in the dressing room and that sort of thing), it was actually written by the Roadie. And if you thought I went on stream of consciousness writing sometimes, you have GOT to read this guy. I'm pretty sure we must be related somewhere down the line. Even if you can't understand what a Saxophone Wedge is, it doesn't matter. This guy's funnier than...something really funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warbler, dear!
What a delightful read!
I wonder if this roady hires out to organize events?
I hope that you are well out there at the northern fringe of the country. Take care,
living for the next event.
M

10/07/2006 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, well my grandmother found your blog.
And before I go any farther, let me just say, let's forget the mother/daughter relationship for a moment. Whether you think so or not, you are not my legal or biological mother. You no longer have any power at all over me. So right now, this is not a mother/daughter online spat. This is a young adult, bitching at someone who should be a lot more mature than she is. This is me, telling you, lay off my family. I've created my own family on Block Island, with my grandparents, and I am happier here with them than I ever was with you. I have made myself a new life, and it was hard, but I did it, without any help from you. You, it seems, are actually making it a lot more difficult. I know that you don't care how much what you wrote hurt me or my grandmother, but it hurt a lot, and you are a very shitty human being for writing anything like that on the internet. The things that you have been doing lately are things that you taught me better than to do a long time ago. I don't know what happened, but at least I can thank you for that much.
And if saying any of this means that I have mental problems, so be it. I've hurt my grandmother enough in the past, and I wouldn't be doing the right thing if I let someone else do it now. And to tell you the truth, I think that you have a lot more problems than me right now. You ran away. Or "stole away" as you say in your blog. I was pushed away, and I made the best of it, and I am a better person because of it. So don't you EVER think that you have done better by me than my grandmother. She has done more for me in the past four months than you did in seven years.

10/08/2006 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter