Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fly Away

All my bags are [almost] packed
I'm ready [almost] to go
I'm thinking about
mopping the floor
I hate to leave it looking like it does

But the day is coming, Saturday - ish
To be unkind
I have no wish
So please be kind to those who need it most.

So kiss me [no tongues]
and smile for me [yeah, cuz that's a realistic request]
please don't say you'll wait for me
I gotta get that gas while it's still cheap

Ain't leaving on a jet plane
I can't say how long a drive I'll take
Oh, babe, I hate to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember
"...You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.
What looks like you will die but what's really you will still live. Life is changed, not taken away. Isn't that different from those who die without ever becoming butterflies...?"

9/06/2006 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paula, Back in the not so good old days of the middle 60's whenever a ship left Norfolk Va for an extended cruise of up to a year or more, one of the songs the Navy band used to play a the ship left the dock was that one!! You can't begin to know how much I despise that song. It represented to me, what was going to be a long, lonely, and miserable seperation from the people I loved the most in this world. To this day, if it comes on the radio, I instantly hit a different station button. But your slight adjustment of the words made it all seem funny for the first time. See Ya!

9/06/2006 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter