Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Monday, August 21, 2006

Bad Moon On The Rise

Today I'm a Grump
I'm proud to admit.
And I don't regret it,
Not one little bit.

All day long
I'll snarl and smirk.
I've earned the right
to be a big jerk.

Why is it so?
Who really cares?
Like I'm taking the time
to do bad mood repairs.

Sometimes it hits you,
what's the point of denying?
a cantankerous grump
is more fun than crying.

And if you don't like grumps
"Your problem" I'll say.
Cuz if you can't stand the grump
get outta the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Everett said...

Hi Paula, It was really good to see you last week except for the circumstances. Could have used a few more hours of catchup time. I just can't develop a picture of you in my mind as a perpetual grump! You are the one person I know that is as far from that persona as yiu could get. Maybe a "bad day at Black Rock" happens now and then, but you are by far the most continuously happy (appearing) person I know ! Love you kiddo!

8/22/2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Awww, Ev, that's so nice of you. But even Pollyannas have a bad hair day now and then.

What we needed was a few hours of us playing and singing. THAT's what we needed!

8/22/2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes one
Who exudes jocularity
Can be excused
For the rare mood disparity.

8/22/2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

'rare mood disparity'. Niiice...

8/22/2006 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter