Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Story Goes On

I am off to begin another chapter of that soap opera/adventure which I call my life.

The more I anticipate quiet and 'normalcy', the more I seem to end up with new beginnings and endless possibilities. Both are nice, but I'm looking for the balance between the two - heavy on the 'normalcy', please.

My computer will be dismantled in approximately ten minutes. Then stowed in my Ford Explorer which will not have a trailer attached to it, much as I tried, because apparently no one wishes to rent trailers to Explorers - there seems to be a tendency for the bumpers to fall off during transport. Huh.

Hopefully, in just a week or two, I will be back on line as a Minnesotan. Well, I'll never REALLY be a Minnesotan. But I'm sure I'll sportingly try saying "Ufta" and "ya" with the best of them. I will not, however, ever wittingly support the Vikings or the Twins. Sorry, folks, just can't do it.

If you'd like to keep in touch with me, my cell phone number is still the same and I'm keeping the Maine area code for a while - I'm only 4 months into my frickin' two year contract! Plus, that in-network, phone to phone thing is well worth the effort.

Thanks to all the guardian angels out there. In fact, all REAL guardian angels should feel free to ride wing on my journey. Oh, except the cat carrier will be there...sorry, guys, you get the back seat next to the sticky fingers and talking Blue doll.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warbler, dear.
Safe travel and God speed.
m

9/08/2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I don't know why I almost felt like crying. It took me by surprise.

9/09/2006 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take a step outside
And I breathe the air
And I slam the door
And I'm on my way
I won't lay no blame
I won't call you names
'Cause I've made my break
And I won't look back
I've turned my back
On those endless games

I'm all through with ties
I'm all tired of tears
****
Shaking dust from my shoes
There's a road ahead
And there's no way back home

-- Brian May, 1978

9/10/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Everett said...

Hi Paula, I agree with Sams comment above. It felt like slug in the gut when i figured out what was going on. Even being up there in Maine it still felt as if you were just, "next door". Now you are far away and I really miss you now! You better keep this blog going or else! I think I can safely speak for all your friends here on BI when I say that we LOVE you and miss you. I wish for you the very best of whatever life has to offer in the coming years. I truly hope that every thing works out for you. Bye for now, Everett and Verna.

9/11/2006 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter