Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Friday, May 26, 2006

Memories

Here it is, Memorial Day Week-end. We've (thank goodness for their sweet li'l hearts) been invited somewhere for food and beer. There's a home town parade here on Monday, which is the way it should be. And, once again, I'll be doing the majority of that alone. Which isn't such a big deal except for the fact that for the last three years (with two somewhat noteable exceptions) I've been my own designated driver. Once - just once - can I please go somewhere and have a beer or two? Perhaps a Shiraz or a Margarita on the rocks with extra salt? Please? Even a nice Tawny Port after dinner'd do me. But why do I always have to be responsible? (There's a song on Country about a man who doesn't want to be with a woman who drinks more than he does. It's this great line about how she turned into him and he turned into his mother. I know how ya feel, pal. But every once in a while would it be so bad?)

I think the title of my next album will be: Bored With Being Good.

Story of my life.

Pretty much.

Anyway, Happy Memorial Day. Please remember to pay your respects. And if anybody in the KC area happens to be around Mount Moriah this week-end, my mother is in the Gardner plot and doesn't have anyone to put flowers on her grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter