Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

I Believe, Part II

Or is it Part III? Like I can remember!

I believe that Earth Science is magical and Chemical Science is miraculous.

I believe Elvis is dead.

I believe Jim Morrison is buried in Paris.

I believe Oliver Stone is a lousy director.

I believe Oswald was one of the shootists.

I believe any religion that can't stand up to scrutiny is a piss-poor religion.

I believe that family comes first.

I believe Jimmy Hoffa will never be found.

I believe in the fundamental principals of democracy.

I believe in the pure joy of a dog's friendship.

I believe that all humans should be placed on a very large island between the ages of 12 and 22.

I believe that someday, somewhere, my daughter's biological mother will have to answer for what she did and I pray to God I get to witness it.

I believe the Kansas City Royals are the worst baseball team in the country, Canada and possibly Japan. I'm not sure about Cuba.

I believe in the power of love.

I believe that people who say 'Money can't buy happiness' have never been Salvation Army poor.

I believe that love is all well and good - but so is great sex.

I believe that men should have terrific memories and women shouldn't.

I believe I shall have a martini.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Kansas City Royals are the worst team in baseball...period.

5/23/2006 12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warbler, dear.
What?
No shiraz?
Living for the daily miracles....
M

5/23/2006 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,

I guess sometimes Shiraz just won't cut it.

And as a Cubs fan, I may have to take exception to any upstart teams laying claim to the title of the worst.

I believe that Elvis buried Jimmy Hoffa in Jim Morrison's grave.

5/24/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Martha,

Don't worry, dear. There's a lovely bottle of Shiraz sitting right on the last few free inches of counter space.

And, Irish, ever since the Cubbies went on that winning streak (the late 80's wasn't it?), they've never been the same loveable losers.

At least my losing team can bbq.

5/24/2006 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your Royals had a winning streak once, back in 1994 before the strike. I don't think that they know that much about KC BBQ, except maybe Mike S. He's the only one that's been in KC long enough to be a home-boy.

5/24/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Woah there, cap! MY Chiefs, MY Comets, MY Q, but never, NEVER, call 'em MY Royals.

(And let's not forget the I-70 World Series back in '85)

5/24/2006 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mea culpa on the 'your Royals', but when you wrote that your losing team could bbq, i thought you were referring to them.

Oh, I remember the '85 series, I had a friend who won tickets to the final game at the K. Couldn't talk her in to taking me.

5/25/2006 8:13 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Damn. Belayed by my own pronouns. My bad.

5/26/2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Hey, wait a minute. I knew a girl who won tickets to the last game...

5/26/2006 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter