Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bare Necessities


One of the top news stories this evening? How to keep bears out of your yard. No, really. Bears are waking up and, boy, are they hungry. Not that there's a lot of bear activity in the immediate vicinity. But there's a nature preserve about 3 miles away. Just something to think about.

No matter how many people I see when I'm on Block Island, no matter how I arrange it, I can never get to everybody. I missed Lisa and Kathleen and Everett and Verna. And all you others who I don't know if I should mention names or not. I certainly miss the people on the island. Most of 'em, at least...

Never, ever should I go into the WalMart Garden Department on my own. I went for two bags of dirt. I came out with four bags of dirt (they were dirt cheap!), three varieties of daisies and a flowering shrub. I'm hopeless. And I love to dig in the dirt.

Happy Almost May, everybody. In case anybody sees my family, feel free to suggest an iPod as a Mother's Day Present. Or the opportunity to sleep in - as long as I want without being awoken at 8:30 because I've "slept long enough". Either one, really, would be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter