Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Evil Woman


My husband says that when he comes up here he feels like I treat him like nothing more than a cash cow and a babysitter.

Oh my.

I'm actually not opposed to the disrespectful act of treating my husband as a cash cow. I am, after all, a stay at home mom who does a damn fine job with what I have to work with. But isn't he supposed to give money to be considered one? I'm just wondering cuz I've never really had a cash cow before. Of course, this is the man who, just a few months ago, told me that the "only thing wrong with our marriage is that you refuse to accept we'll never be rich." Cuz, you know, that was the impression I got when I married a plasterer who still lived under his parent's roof. But I'm cold and heartless that way.

And I know how dreadful it is to be considered nothing more than a babysitter to your own kids. I mean, it's almost like I expect him to take care of a toddler and a possibly bipolar teenager single-handedly for three or four days a week while cooking all the meals, doing all the laundry (granted, I don't do it nearly as often as I should), pretending to clean the house and doing all the dishes by hand. Goodness, wouldn't that make me a real nag!

I guess I'm just a high-maintenance woman (what with all the hair apointments, pedicures, manicures, massages, and new clothes I'm always getting) with no true appreciation for the incredibly kind and giving man I married.

Damn me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to put this into perspective, when I got married I did not expect that I would be indirectly responsible for (today's count) 90 cows and all of them costing more than we get for them in the cash sense. Then there's those 12 horses who insist on being fed every day - they get their hooves trimmed every 8-10 weeks. I have never had my hooves trimmed - ever.
Don't interpret this as a complaint - it's more like acquiesence. But HAY - you know what they say - SHE WAS ONLY THE STABLEMAN'S DAUGHTER, BUT ALL THE HORSEMEN KNEW HER (horse manure for those who haven't had their coffee yet...)

4/27/2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

So, in essence, cash cows aren't all they're cracked up to be and quit cher bitchin', Warbler.

4/27/2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter