Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Talk To The Animals

After 8 years of actively looking, I can finally say: I've seen a moose.

Usually when someone says that to you, your response is "Is the car totalled?" I WAS in the car, I admit, doing a *cough* little bit over the speed limit on I-95. In a busy section just outside of Kennebunk (Hello, George and Barbara). Needless to say I was very surprised to see it ambling along the opposite side on the grassy area past the shoulder leading into the woods. Nowhere near my car, thank goodness.

No, I did not have my camera. And, of course, Walker was the only one with me and just not all that impressed. After a while, it does get pretty lame to keep having all these great moments alone. But I digress.

I saw a moose. How cool is that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw my first moose in Maine also - I was equally impressed and awed. But then I was in New Hampshire, driving down a foggy Rt 93, and one just appeared in front of my car in the middle of the highway and somehow my guardian angel guided me right past it. Once again, I was awestruck and amazed that a split second can make such a difference.
Plus my friend, Bob Healey, that I went to high school with, organized the 'Cool Moose Party', ran for office and got enough votes to make it a legitimate political entity.

Mooses is cool - no matter how you look at them....

6/23/2006 12:38 AM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

So is the Cool Moose Party. And Captain Kangaroo. Especially the singing Colgate Box.

6/26/2006 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter