Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Monday, April 10, 2006

Come On Get Happy

I'm sleeping
And right in the middle of a good dream
like all at once I wake up
[So, in actuality, you're not really sleeping]
From something that keeps knocking at my brain
Before I go insane
I hold my pillow to my head
[which, of course, is completely rational]
And spring up in my bed
Screaming out the words I dread:
"I think I love you!" (I think I love you)
[whew! I'm glad I did that before I went insane...There's nothing to make a girl feel wanted like somebody who thinks being in love with her involves intense dread and screaming. Mmmm, romantic.]

This morning, I woke up with this feeling
[Is this a different morning or the same one?]
I didn't know how to deal with
And so I just decided to myself
I'd hide it to myself
[But we're still not insane, right?]
And never talk about it
And didn't I go and shout it
When you walked into my room.
"I think I love you!" (I think I love you)
[And did she run away screaming herself or just call the police?]

I think I love you
So what am I so afraid of?
[Your other seven personalities? The voices that all say the same thing? Loss of your meds? Those plans to build a bell tower?]
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
A love there is no cure for
[Some people just use penicillin.]
I think I love you
Isn't that what life is made of?
[Not sticks and snails and puppy dog tails?]
Though it worries me to say
I've never felt this way
[I'm pretty sure I'm a little more worried than you at this point.]

Believe me
You really don't have to worry
[I've only had three or four restraining orders filed against me...]
I only want to make you happy
And if you say,
hey, go away, I will
[And yet you're still here singing this 'romantic' song.]
But I think better still
I ought to stay around and love you
[oh. joy.]
Do you think I have a case?
[As in will this go to court? More than likely.]
Let me ask you to your face:
Do you think you love me?
I think I love you!
[This song would probably best be summed up by one word: stalker]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't the authorities find a "Partridge Family" tape in David Berkowitz's car when he was arrested? hmm...

4/10/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

But he claimed it was his dog's.

4/10/2006 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every breath you take
Every move you make
I'll be watching you.

People actually have this song played at WEDDINGS!

4/11/2006 1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now wouldn't couldn't I have written stuff like this?

4/11/2006 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warbler, dear!
The Partridge Family!
Memories of the sunnier days of youth, before all the travails of adult life descended upon us!
Yes, dear, those were the days!

Nothing like the cheery sounds of bubblegum pop music to lighten the heart!

Doesn't Keith still have some band out in Vegas or something like that, where you can go and hear all these songs LIVE!

Enjoy the spring!
Living for tie-dyed easter eggz
M

4/12/2006 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter