Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, March 30, 2006

At Last

Speaking of old (weren't we just?) My daughter came home from school today with next year's high school coursebook clutched in hand and a lot of opinions about the offerings. (It seems budget cuts are really hurting a lot of extra-curricular programs. Things like football, cheerleading and basketball stay, of course, but track and swimming - you know, the sports people actually can continue to play throughout their lives - are getting cut. As well as some music, theatre and art events. But as long as we can pay for the war...)

Nothing like your six year old daughter going to high school to make you realize that you're not...the age you were when she was six...anymore.

But let's focus on the positive aspects. Like the fact that I'll get a dedicated office when she moves out in four years.

Tonight's drive time music: Eva Cassidy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunrise......
Sunset.......

Oy Vey!

3/31/2006 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the Eva Cassidy with 'Fields of Gold' on it? I love that CD

3/31/2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

It's the "Time After Time" CD with "Ain't No Sunshine", "My Baby Wrote Me a Letter" and my personal favorite "I Wish I Were Single Again".

3/31/2006 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warbler, dear.
The vagaries of school budgets! The yearly struggle over what's in and what's not going to be offered. Alas, we both know the tragic fate of the arts when it comes to a budget showdown against football; yet, what would a football game be without the marching bands? What would the superbowl be without the half-time show? It's a drab picture, don't you agree.
Budget cuts during my highschool years eliminated my favorite sport: fencing. Instead of four-years of 'en garde' I spent four years in the home-ec lab. We all know where that got me, so in the end it all worked out.
But who knows. Had they kept the fencing program, maybe I could have been someone, maybe I could have been a contender.

Living for the red and yellow jelly beans.
M

4/01/2006 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter