Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Way

Speaking of romance...

(And won't you be glad when Love Day is over and we can move over to something far more inspiring? Like...President's Day!)

When singing the songs of luv (say it like Carol Burnett and it'll sound just right), one must include the master of all smooth moves, Frank Sinatra. Now, I know there are people who love The Chairman of the Board. And there are those who detest Ol' Blue Eyes. Personally, I've never met one person who said they could take The Leader of the Rat Pack or leave him. I own a collection or two, I admit. It used to be my pre-going out music. Until I married a man who can't stand Nancy's Dad. *sigh*

Frank has some classic tunes that are not only...classics (where's my damn thesauras?)...but just plain good music, as well. 'One For My Baby & One More For the Road', 'Come Fly With Me', 'Angel Eyes', 'Fly Me To The Moon' and 'The Tender Trap'. Of course, there's not a one a.m. drunk alive who can resist singing 'New York, New York' at the top of their lungs if so inclined (or in a piano bar). But I think one of the catchiest tunes he did, the one that instantly starts humming itself under your breath - with or without you - is...

I've got you under my skin.
I've got you deep in the heart of me.
So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me.
I've got you under my skin.
I'd tried so not to give in.
I said to myself: this affair never will go so well.
But why should I try to resist when, baby, I know so well
I've got you under my skin?
I'd sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of havin' you near
In spite of a warnin' voice that comes in the night
And repeats, repeats in my ear:
Don't you know, little fool, you never can win?
Use your mentality, wake up to reality.
But each time that I do just the thought of you
Makes me stop before I begin
'Cause I've got you under my skin.



You have to wonder if this song was the inspiration for Depo-Provera...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, baby!

These punks today don't know good music when it bites 'em on the nuggets!

If I was still alive I'd offer to nail ya in my dressing room before my next show!

That's a compliment, sweetheart!

The Chairman.

2/10/2006 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last, someone who understands us

2/10/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Sammy Davis Jr., now I really liked him. He didn't have pipes like the Chairman but ... he was fun.

2/10/2006 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen up, Frank.
You are just one ole' alcohol soaked wraith, drop the mutcho scotcho borracho macho talk.
You try 'nailing' anyone and I'm going to have to slap you silly you old crooner.
I am woman and you just made me roar....
Now that I've finallly crossed over to the otherside you just better clean up your act before I slap you with a sexual harrasment suit of cosmic dimensions.

2/11/2006 2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMES!

2/11/2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Frank is unbelieveably tacky.

Gloria's about to get REALLY pissed.

I'm going to bed. I'll check in tomorrow morning to see how this plays out.

2/11/2006 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frank.
Let me be frank.
You want to nail someone?
Take a look at this.
This, you cro-magnon crooner is a nail gun.
I am armed and reddy.

If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong - sing it with me sisters!)
I am invincible (Let him hear you- invincible)
I am woman (big crescendo then close with one round from the nail gun!)


ooooops ---I did it again.

2/11/2006 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria,
Tsk. Tsk. Tsk

Is this anyway to really settle the problem with Frank?

Shooting someone with a nail gun rarely solves any problems. Please try to solve this situation non-violently.


Remember, that YOU must be the change that you desire in the world.

2/12/2006 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria honey.
Now put down the nail gun.
Let's have a little drink and then you can slip into something more comfortable.
Frank's nothing but a weenie.
What you need is a real man.
Let me put you in a good mood.

2/12/2006 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ughh! Another crochety ole member of the rat pack?

Take that......ppppppphhhhhiiiiitttt!

Another one bites the dust!

2/12/2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter