Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Vacation

I feel a little like the "Run, Bambi, Run" sentiments of the 80's. Only, of course, I'm not a murderer. Yet.

Next Friday I leave for one hell of a road trip. I come from a family of drivers. It's not unusual for us to do this kind of trip. But with a 21 month old who never stops moving or talking? Well, it will be a challenge.

I'm going to Minnesota to see my nearest living relatives whom I haven't been with in two years. Maybe on the swing back I'll see that cousin I adore and his beautiful wife in Georgia - and I haven't seen him in person in, like, 22 years. How sad is that. Maybe I'll just get to MN as fast as I can and realize there ain't nothing in the world like driving with a toddler. All I can say is, Thank God for portable DVD technology. Rot their brains? More power to it!

I will be gone for a few weeks. I think. Unless I can't find someplace to walk three or four miles every morning. That walking's the only thing standing between me and a heart attack right now.


I'm sure I'll check in and let you all know how the country's interstate systems fare. Thanks for all the well wishes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun!

6/29/2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Everett said...

Hi Sweetie, have a great time and enjoy the visit to the "heartland" to the utmost. I've still been reading but not answering. Love you lots Everett

6/30/2006 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter