Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Friday, October 28, 2005

And The Thunder Rolls

While it's been admitted that fog makes me a little misty and homesick, and rain makes me silly, a really good thunderstorm makes me...oh my. I don't know if every woman catches the energy from a good storm the same way. Maybe you had to read one too many Harlequin romances as a girl, as I did, to have an obessive desire to be kissed in the rain. Of course, in the real world I'd complain about how "you're getting my hair wet and my mascara will run."

There's something incredibly wild and primal about a storm. Thunder, lightening, downpour for hours. If you turn all the lights out, light the candles, put on Barry White or Chaka Kahn...that, my friends, is a recipe for the perfect night. And if a bottle of wine and a sweet soul shows up, too...well, then that becomes a Phil Vasser song about french kissing on a bear-skinned rug.

Oh, geez, did I just write all that? Um...where am I? Who are all these people? How 'bout them White Sox?

8 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Well, the upstanding matrons on South Padre Island were rather a-twitter about this and wanted to know ... does he gently pull your hair and nibble your earlobe and speak not in English?

Hey, don't kick me, the gals are sorta interested in this stormy thing.

Happy Samhain!

10/29/2005 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*guffaw* I can tell those South Padre gals have read their share of bodice rippers, too!

Gotta love them twangy girls!

10/29/2005 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the way, you tell those gals they know EXACTLY what I'm saying...

10/29/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Lori the wife & boss says "Sam, why the hell did you say such a thing on a blog where everyone could see it?" I mean she was capital P pissed. She looked real mad & mean and then slightly melted, eyes closed, and then whispered things I've never heard before ...

10/29/2005 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe

10/29/2005 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it getting warm in here?

10/29/2005 11:04 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

That's just the candles left unattended...damn!

10/29/2005 11:06 PM  
Blogger Everett said...

Looking way back there, I *sort of* remember about some of that stuff you young'uns were speaking of, I think! Hell when those big storms come around now, I run and hide under the bed with the dog and hope he didn't bring anything metal under there with him! Every once in a while I can still smell ozone after a lighting strike, or maybe it something else the dog brought with him!

10/30/2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter