Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Big Log

I was worried when my son's due date neared. As prissy and easily grossed out as I am, would I be able to handle the dirty diapers? Sure, I've already handled a fair amount of orange soda and black olive laced regurgitation - especially during raucous sleepovers - but baby poop and the cleaning up is...well, it's different. It's gross. It smells funny. It's poop. And once I brought the baby home, I realized that this, too, was one more thing I could handle (although there have been a few that have made my eyes water and breath catch a little hard).

But nobody ever warned me about poops in the tub.

Nope. No can do. Can't handle it. About all I could do was holler for help as I held both hands to keep the little scientist from experimenting with this particular ...log ...while he was soapy from head to foot and the rinsing cup was way over there. Why can't they do it after they've been thoroughly scrubbed and rinsed?

And then he has the audacity to yell and scream at me cuz I won't let him play with it? Excuse me?

Babies are gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter