Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Monday, September 05, 2005

Blatant Advertising

No, not the stuff I have to keep deleting off my posts.

My daughter started a blog. You know, the award winning writer, that daughter? Now, I've been kinda loathe to read it cuz I know it's probably a little more foul mouthed than I'd like or much more bitchin', moanin' and whinin' than I'd like to hear (not that I wouldn't be bored, depressed and pissed off, too, if I were 13 and forced to move to a state nobody but my dad wants to live in and not like I haven't been doing more than my share of grousing). But I admit, I read it and I really kinda liked it. Don't tell her, though, I think that might ruin it for her. I think you should go visit the blog. Unless you're a perv or in the pen, in which case you better stay the hell away from my daughter cuz you do NOT wanna see me with my Irish up!

I think I might get this right...it's (and please keep a straight face on the name) island-grl.blogspot.com. If I didn't get it right, then you can find her comments on a few posts ago as iluvmonkeys, click on that and it'll take you there.

To quote a thingy my aunt sent me: now I know why some mothers eat their young.

And on another note...sweetie, I know you don't wanna hear this, but in most other towns than Block Island, the only kids hanging out in town at night with all the drunks are addicts, pushers, pimps and prostitutes. That's one of the reasons we moved. Because eventually, you will realize there's more to do to entertain yourself than watching people get trashed and pee themselves. 'kay? And you've already told me that some of the kids your age drink and get stoned and you're still hanging out in town with them, so much as I hate to say this: I can live with you being pissed at me until you're 30, I can handle you hating me for the rest of your life, I can even handle you screaming how I've ruined your life cuz I won't let you hang out in town until 11:00 pm or somesuch, but the one thing I could never live with is if something happened to you because I wasn't the adult and used better judgement. You don't have to like it, you don't have to understand it, you don't have to agree with it. You just have to follow the rule.

By the way, Block Islanders, I don't even know where the local bar is...oh wait, I remember passing one downtown across from the post office. That's the only one I've seen so far. Huh. Makes you think, don't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Bath was named after a cool town in England a few miles SE of Bristol. The Romans built, well, some baths. It's near the Avon River SW of London. Close the Wales border.

By the way, real cool daughter there, smart. If I know anything, some of us are shy as rabbits at first ... and next thing you know we'll be running everthing and wanting to go to Bath, England. Best ...

9/05/2005 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I've got that in writing!

9/06/2005 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter