Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Morning Mood

Cheerios, Cheerios everywhere
On the tray of the high chair
In the tray and in the seat
Piling in mounds by little feet
There's a least three inches of round toasty o's
on top, beside and inside his clothes.
They're over here, they're over there
Those damned things are everywhere.
Three in my coffee, floating around
scattered over my whole wheat toast, lightly browned.
There's one in my sock, and four in my hair
Good God there's even one in my underwear!
Why, oh why, did I hand him the box?
Cheerios on the socks of the fox on the Knox.
I thought it'd be cute
to let him dig for 'em.
Instead he's released the poor things from their prison.
I don't think I'd mind
all the mess after all
If I didn't just notice four or five in my bra!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There once was woman in Bath
Where Cheerios inspired her wrath
A world of small O's
Crunched by her toes
And a little blond guy in her path....

3/23/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Now that's just inspired!

3/23/2006 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warbler, dear!
Wonderfully witty!
You usually make me thirsty, but now you're making me hungry!
Where did I put those cheerios?

Really, dear, compile these wonderful writings. Let the world know who you are!
We await your greatness!

Cheerio dear!
M

3/23/2006 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When faced with a cereal mess,
Including some down in her dress,
The Warbler did say,
"Oh God, what a day!
I'm gonna get on my blog and confess!"

3/23/2006 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When faced with a mess from her kid,
She said, "Hey, I won't flip my lid!
I've got O's in my clothes
And one up my nose,
At least I didn't serve squid!"

OK I couldn't think of an ending line. That was lame. Hey a LAMErick!!!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I'll stop now.

3/23/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Irish,

Please stop.

Martha,

You never know, dear, you never know.

3/23/2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Wah, nobody waxes eloquent about Rice Crispies anymore.

Float 'em in milk, they even pop on the floor!

I even tried 'em once with a can of cheap beer,

I got popped twice, I fear.

3/23/2006 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, little beige blisters of air,
With a taste and a texture so rare.
Your *snap* is so great
For your *crackle* I'll wait
But your *pop* knocks me out of my chair!

3/24/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

3/24/2006 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter