Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ain't Misbehavin'

I figure by this point, I had earned the right to take a lover. Right off the bat, though, I had a problem with the name. As Tina sings, "What's love got to do with it?" If women are mistresses, then are men 'misters'? All right, I decided, I shall take a mister.

I didn't want someone too young...why spend what little time you have on instruction? Besides, I probably make a better music teacher. I didn't want someone too old, either. Who wants to call the paramedics to one's house and explain the goings-on? Although I might be cast in a somewhat more appreciative, albeit deviant, light. All right, then, someone around my age it shall be.

But before I could even get around to the logistics of the thing: where to meet him, how to tell if he's stalker material, is his wife on any kind of medication? - I began to realize larger issues were at hand. Burning issues such as: how many razors would I actually have to go through in order to shave my winter insulation? I don't own any boob shirts. I don't own any boobs. Where the hell is my one pair of Not White JCPenney's hipsters?

And then the onslaught: exactly how am I going to rendezvous with a mister when I don't even get to pee or sleep by myself? If I start to relax, people would know automatically, wouldn't they? Where would I locate a non-woodsy fella with all his teeth and a polysyllabic grasp of vocabulary?

Then my eye caught the latest Charlaine Harris book in her Sookie Stackhouse series, 'Dead As A Doornail', that I've been trying to read for the last five months and I thought, 'What the hell. In the end, this will not only be easier, but probably a whole lot more satisfying."

And I was right.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw.
Go for somebody younger.
Isn't it all the rage? Or, maybe that was last year?
You could be our very own Demi.
Wishin ya lot's of luck findin your own little tadpole.

2/28/2006 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, as I was reading along, my gut instinct was 'better suggest some books' - a safer way to be whisked away to a different place (and your imagination is a far more satisfying companion most of the time.)But, I see we're on the same track...

3/01/2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

You're right. I don't have to tweeze my eyebrows or put on deodorant for books.

3/01/2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me amo,

Tienes un amante.

Qué sobre nuestro amor?

3/01/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Mi Amante Antiguo,

Tu eres todos hablas y no accion.

3/01/2006 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lo siento

3/01/2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

yeah, I bet you are!

3/02/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger The Warbler said...

Mi amente querido,

Tu eres recuerdo brillante dentro de vida pesimista. Pero tu eres un ciervo, joven & robusto. Ay de mi, el destino quiso que nosotros vivo un amor tragico. Cuando tu dejar (?) la camarera, soy el tuyo, cremallera y alma. Ahora, en ingles, por favor cuz I can't conjugate for s***.

3/02/2006 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter