Name:
Location: Rochester, Minnesota, United States

Monday, April 16, 2007

Hair

Look, I think it looks cute and all. One of my cousins (first cousin once removed, thanks Auntie M for finally teaching me) has the style. All the boys have the style. They work really hard to have the style and get really upset if their hairdresser can't recreate the style when having a trim.

But I would just like to take a moment to say that I am terribly thankful that ten years from now, when Walker hits twelve going on eighteen, that the 70's flip all the young men are sporting will no longer be in fashion.

It's not that the guys don't look cute in it. If you're a mother of one, or a 13 year old girl, it's dreamy. But I didn't particularly like it in the 70's and I'm not overly fond of it now. Sort of like gauchos. Even though the newest version is much cuter, they're still gauchos. Best worn in Peru at the turn of the last century.

Of course, knowing my luck, the fashion in ten years will be used in conjunction with Vitalis or something equally disgusting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids these days need to be told: NOBODY LOOKED GOOD IN THE '70's!

Having gone through the junior high years in the mid '70's, I look back on pictures and say, "What the hell was I thinking?"

BTW, "Vitalis"? How far down did you have to reach for that one? NExt thing we know, you'll be referring to Hi Karate after shave and Space Food Sticks.

4/16/2007 3:21 PM  
Blogger Everett said...

Hair? What's that? I haven't had much since I was 16! Couldn't even have a good "flat-top" or "butch" 'cause it looked like the bow of ship parting the wrinkled waves of naked skin! Now Irish, don't go denigrating that Hi Karate! It Smelt good! And it did attract the ladies, err-r-r at least too SOME people. All I had was a bunch of 'lady' dogs following me around!
BTW I heard there is only going to be 49 entries in the Miss America contest this year. Why? No one wants to wear the banner from the state of Idaho. Y'szat?

4/20/2007 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter